Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dr. Pryor and the war effort. Nov 28, 2007

The war to get to the war is trying. I am still at Lejeune waiting. My first day here was smooth sailing. Needed an anthrax shot and a smallpox shot and that was basically it. Except you have to wait a week to see if the smallpox took before they release you to go to your unit. So that was a whole week of catching up on emails and twiddling my thumbs. I did go to Winston-Salem to see my sister over the weekend.
When I got back Monday, smooth sailing. Got the smallpox cleared and got to my unit that afternoon and was told that they went over in AUG! Needless to say I got my orders in OCT. The orders were for a GMO(General Medical Officer),sooooooooooooo now that they know I am a surgeon they are trying to find a spot for me. Of course nothing happened last week because of Thanksgiving. I did go back to Winston and my brother and youngest nephew drove up from ATL.
Now I am back waiting and twiddling more thumbs. The latest, get this....I was supposed to be with II MEF(Marine Expeditionary Force based at Lejeune). It seems that I MEF can use me. Where is I MEF? Moth*&^%$#@ng Camp Pendleton!!! They may send me back home to send me to Iraq! And I thought your administration was chaotic(just kidding, a little). Anyway, sorry for the wordiness, but that is the latest. Tell all I said hello and will keep everyone posted.
By the way, I did complete the survey.
out
jap

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, Lejeune? I thought you we're Navy Reserve. Why they got you at a Marines Camp? Figures. So they're gonna send you back to Cali? That is funny. The government is jacked in SO many ways. Anyway, I hope you are on your way back. Maybe they'll bounce you around long enough for this thing to be over!